Pre-Conference Workshop Day
Workshop A - Defining, Addressing & Targeting the Current Challenges of JAK Inhibitors in Clinical Development
Tuesday June 29, 2021
9.00AM-11.30 PM EST | 15.00PM-17.30 CEST
This intimate and interactive workshop will lead you through several stages of the developmental pathway, touching upon a
range of key challenges such as the:
• Development of systemic JAKi from the perspective of selectivity
• Development of topical JAKi from the perspective of formulation
• Long-term safety considerations required
• Selection of appropriate skin diseases to develop treatment
Attend this workshop to:
• Gain a clearer picture of what requirements need to be considered prior to undertaking JAKi drug development
• Improve your understanding of challenges that may present themselves during development
• Review solutions and past experience to provide you with clinical success as you continue
This workshop will compose of an initial presentation, a subsequent split into working groups and a final collaborative debrief and Q&A. This allows each participant to connect directly with each other and Yiumo, ensuring that you gain key insights and leave the workshop with excellent JAKi developmental understandings.
Yiumo Michael Chan
Head of Medical Research
& Drug Development Consultant
TWi Biotechnology, Inc.
Dr. Yiumo Chan is currently the Department Head of Medical Research in TWi Biotechnology, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company specializing in the development of repositioned drugs for immunological skin and rare diseases associated with chronic inflammation.
During his drug development career, Dr. Chan has demonstrated a successful record in advancing preclinical programs to clinical stage through collaborating with academic institutes and cross-functional teams.
At Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc, California, he was the Translational Research Lead in several muscle and neurodevelopmental disease programs from early development of prodrug design and compound screening to clinical stage.